I’m too late to post this SEO contest from Busby Web Solutions. The contest is very simple, optimise your website/blog for the key phrase “Busby SEO Challenge“. And the rules are the following:
- Start date is 1st June 2008, 12:00midday, Perth, Western Australia at which point the phrase will be posted on the Busby website.
- End date of 31st August 2008, 12:00 midday, Perth, Western Australia.
- Only ethical SEO techniques may be engaged and the judges reserve the right to review the techniques engaged by the winner to ensure they comply.
- No pornography, no discrimination and no illegal behaviour is permitted.
- The competition is only open to domain and sub domain names that do not include the key phrase in any form
- Only registered entrants are eligible to compete and win the prize. Busby will maintain a list of entrants which can be view on the Entrants List page.
- Registration is free, open to anyone of any age, gender, race and domicile and can only be made through Registration Process.
- All entrants pages must have a visible link back to www.busbywebsolutions.com with the following text (including the hyperlink) in black Arial 10 font: Participant in the Busby Web Solutions Search Engine Optimisation Challenge
- Only one prize per person.
- Employees, franchisees and licensees of Busby (and each of their family members) are eligible to enter but are not eligible to win any prizes.
Entrants will be given 3 months to use their best endeavours to optimise a key phrase so that it appears as high as possible on www.google.com, when that particular key phrase is searched for. The winner will be the person whose site is ranked the highest, when that particular key phrase is searched for, on 31st August 2008, 12:00 midday, Perth, Western Australia. The runner up 2nd and 3rd place prizes will be awarded to those two entrants whose site is ranked the second and third highest.
Here are the contest rewards:
First prize: $5,000
Second prize: $2,000
Third prize: $500